Facebook at Work introduces their own messenger app – “Work Chat” on the Google Play store. Work Chat is a messenger version for company employees where they can chat individually or in group with their company co-workers.
Work Chat is available for Android but for iOS version it is still under development. Freemium version of Facebook at Work will be launched in 2016.
Work Chat Features
- Messaging – Individual chat / messaging with co-worker
- Company Group Chat – Chat with co-workers in group
- Chat Heads – to keep up with the conversation while using other apps
- Attachments- Attaching photos and videos
- Free voice calling
- Notifications – on/off features
- Employee Directories – Start new conversations through directory of other employees
Google Play store description for Work Chat
Work Chat is the messaging app for Facebook at Work. Right now, Facebook at Work and Work Chat are only available to some companies, and you need a work account to use them.
To let us know if your company is interested in Facebook at Work, visit http://facebook.com/help/work.
Work Chat lets you quickly message people at your company.
Send a message to one of your coworkers or create a group chat with a few of them. With chat heads, you can keep up with the conversation while using other apps.
See a directory of other employees and start new conversations easily.
Turn off notifications when you’re on vacation or just don’t want to be disturbed.